10:00 on Monday, March 15, 2021, to 23:59 on Sunday, March 28, 2021 (Japan time)
Online Marathon (10 km)
Participants who received priority entry for the "Tokushima Marathon 2021" and who reside abroad.
Note: Priority entry rights were granted to those who applied for the 2020 marathon.
10:00 on December 24, 2020, to 17:00 on February 4, 2021 (Japan time)
How to Apply
Use the application form on this site.
Entries for Tokushima Marathon 2021 Online (for overseas runners) are now closed.
Thank you for the many applications.
There will be no awards or announcement of results.
Application Terms and Conditions
- (1)Please comply with the laws and regulations of the country you are participating in.
- (2)The online marathon will not be timed. Please participate in-line with your ability and physical condition.
- (3)To prevent the spread of COVID-19, please do not gather in large groups or run in crowded places. If you are running with more than one person, please ensure you maintain enough space.
- (4)To ensure safety, use sports parks and riverbeds as much as possible, and run during daylight. If you have to run at night, please wear reflective material/safety lights. Please also observe the rules of the park or facilities you will be using.
- (5)Do not interfere with general traffic or cause a nuisance to others.
- (6)The organizers are not responsible for any injuries, illnesses, loss, or accidents that occur during the online marathon, except for matters caused by their own intentional or gross negligence.
- (7)The organizer's accident insurance does not apply to the online marathon. Please apply for personal insurance coverage as necessary.
- (8)The organizer recognizes the importance of personal information, complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related laws and regulations, and handles personal information in accordance with its personal information protection policy.
We use participants' personal information as follows for the purpose of improving our services:
- a)Notification of related information and information on future marathons
- b)To offer services from marathon sponsors, stakeholders, and related organizations
- (9)Any apparent dishonesty regarding distance and pace will lead to disqualification.
- (10)The organizer will not be responsible for delays in applications due to problems with internet equipment or connections, or for lost measurements due to malfunctioning apps, etc. You may not be able to apply for the marathon or use required applications depending on your device, OS, or browser software.
How to Apply
An application form will be available on the Tokushima Marathon website during the period outlined below. Please fill out the required fields to apply.
We will send you an automated response via email after receiving your application. Please email us if you do not receive it shortly after applying.
When emailing us, please be sure to include your registered name, country, and address in the body of the email.
10:00 on December 11, 2020, to 17:00 on February 4, 2021 (Japan time)
How to Participate
- Use a GPS-based method to measure your distance and time.
- GPS-based measurements may include the use of a watch with GPS features or your favorite running app.
Please note that there is no time limit. You can run at anytime and anywhere you like during the marathon period.
- Run for at least 10 km in one go.
- After completion, register your results using the form on the Tokushima Marathon website.
Note: You will be asked to upload a photo or screenshot showing your results.
- We will send you a completion certificate for the marathon at a later date.
You will also be provided with priority entry for the 2022 marathon.
Participants in the 2022 marathon will also receive commemorative items from the 2021 marathon.